Willie Whitehead Jr.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

No Limits!!!


    Are you placing Limits on your ability to achieve your Dreams?  Better yet, Are you allowing others to place Limitations on you?   The reason I ask these questions is because I've always been curious into what separates those that Live their Dreams from those that don't. What's the difference between a blind man who climbs to the top of Mount Everest, from the climber who tries and never makes it or the woman who, at the age of 70yrs old finally realizes her dream of one day running a marathon, while another 70yr old woman,  just talks about what could have been. I remember catching up with an old highschool classmate and former football teammate who talked to me about how he could have made it to the NFL, but didn't get the opportunity. In hearing what he was saying, I told myself, well there isn't really much difference between us, as a matter of fact, he had a lot more talent than me in highschool. Maybe the difference was that where he didn't see an opportunity, and gave up on his dream. I didn't accept that Limitation, but worked extremely hard and created my own opportunity! So what's your story or what's your excuse for not pursuing your Dreams? Your no different from the Jay z's, Beyonce's, Lebron James's, Cam Newton's, or Oprah Winfrey's of the world. No different from the Tyler Perry's, or other successful Movie producers, Doctors, Attorneys, Corporate Executives or Millionaire Entrepreneurs of the world! The key is to not allow anyone, including yourself, to place Limits on what you can achieve, but in the words of a famous gospel song, by the artist, Israel and New Breed, it's time to "Take the Limits off!" the Limits placed on your mind, so that through hard work, you can truly Live your Dreams and allow the Creator to "Enlarge your Territory!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Once I decided to get out of my [own] way, fear had no reason to stay. Even the [sky] isn't the limit...

    ReplyDelete