Willie Whitehead Jr.

Friday, February 11, 2011

The mistake in Judging others!

There are a lot of stories that we see in the news of alleged scandals and wrongdoing from celebrities to pastors.There may have also been times when you've had friends or family members that have judged and criticized these people over and over again.You may have even been the one being judged for something you allegedly did or didn't do! I know I've had times when I've caught myself judging a particular person or situation as well.In thinking about this subject of judging others, GOD revealed to me that he would never judge me, so why would I judge another. GOD also gave me an understanding that the best thing to do is to pray for that person, because every soul has to take it's own path! He said,it's okay to observe what happens, but never judge, because you don't know that soul's purpose nor the end of the story that's being developed.In closing, I would like to wish you all the best and remember to always BELIEVE in GOD,BELIEVE in YOURSELF,and BELIEVE in LOVE!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your so right,I often think of my life, as it was a child and how far I have grown.People that are always judgmental of others I feel are not happy within themselves.Loving yourself and the Lord first will help others stay focus on whats important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True Nephew! Sometimes we judge others to try to mask the insecurites we have in ourselves! We should strive to show compassion for others (regardless of the situation) as God shows compassion for us DAILY!!! I Believe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right on Willie. I felt very harshly judged as a kid (being a dwarf) and yet then I began to judge others in return, which was a recipe for disempowerment! When I began to pray for those who were cruel, or criticized me, I found a wonderful tool to nurture peace and joy within and to help be a source of love out in the world too.

    I'm speaking to the faculty at a special needs high school in a few weeks and to prepare, I was just writing about this very subject. Thanks for the validation Willie!
    joyful blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete